Sunday, May 13, 2007

Warriors

The Golden State Warriors, the local Bay Area NBA basketball team, has finally made it to the playoffs after 13 years of absence. Sabine and I share season tickets with my boss and some of her bosses, and we have been going to regular season games the last 2 years. The team is really exciting to watch, very dynamic, with a lot of energy. But they never seemed to be able to make it somehow, until they changed their coach and got some good players in a trade. There was a big hype for the very first playoff game (it is a best of 7 series), especially since they beat the number 1 seeded Dallas Mavericks in the first game in Dallas. The 20,000 people in the Arena went crazy during the game; everybody received a yellow "We Believe" T-shirt, which made the stadium look like a huge field of sunflowers, yelling and screaming for the home team. Here is Sabine rooting for the Warriors.



The Warriors ended up beating the Mavericks in 6 games, and I was fortunate enough to also attend that 6th game, which was by far the best sporting event I have ever attended! They are now playing the Utah jazz in the secound round, trailing 2-1. We will go to the game tonight, and hope they will win it.

1 comment:

Sammy Jean said...

Hey there darlings!
I've been watching the basketball too, if you can believe it. Matt is really into it (has to do with the fact that they don't have basketball in England) and he's even been making me go shoot hoops with him on the weekends. I'm working on my layups.

Glad to hear that you two are doing well. I love the pic of Sabine at the game! You guys are so cute. :-)

Miss you,
S